Moving on and it feels good...(ramble)

I went through all of our magazines today. I had a huge stack downstairs that needed some attention. Also, I have been in the nesting mood so if it isn't nailed down it might be in the garbage, recycling or Salvation Army. Now, I have three large bags waiting for the church's Paper Gator tomorrow.

I thought that as long as I was looking through magazines, I might as well look through a couple of other things that needed attention. I came across my "Alpaca" bag. At first, I got rid of the papers. I neatly stored the magazines away along with my three ring binder that I worked hard on. I had all my breeding information, tax information, business info...well you get the idea. That felt pretty good. Then I came upstairs and thought, "Why am I keeping the magazines? Even if we get alpacas when we are ready for retirement, this information is going to be obsolete." So I got out my magazines and binder and said "good-bye." This felt good. I also sold an alpaca book I bought for over $100 and made almost the entire cost back.

Don't get me wrong, I still love alpacas however this isn't the time for us. It may never be. I want to focus on what I do want to accomplish. My children's education is the priority and then my work on getting board certified as a lactation consultant comes next (Chris is in there too and his dreams are another thing we have to work on. That may take a little while, but I know that his dream is the perfect fit for him and our family.)

I sometimes feel bad when it seems like I am giving up on a dream like alpacas. Then I recognize that it wasn't wasted time. I am proud that educated myself on alpacas. I researched. I worked on an alpaca ranch several times. I looked into all the possibilities of a ranch. I had a pretty good idea of what life would be like with a ranch and with a business. I, along with Chris, concluded that wasn't going to work for us.

It took a while for me to see this and that is okay. It is good to investigate the possibilities and learn new things, even if they don't work into our life plan.

The two ideas that I have presented to Chris, homeschooling and becoming and IBCLC, are the ones he has given me really positive feedback on. We stood together on these two concepts which have strengthened our family. It is also why I trust moving forward with our life.

Moving forward feels good :)

Comments

Popular Posts