IBCLC exam in my future...
I love my life right now (see last post). I also know that there will be a day when I can help out financially and still live our lifestyle (home schooling and being home full time with the kiddos). I also love helping women with breastfeeding (I am an accredited leader of an international breastfeeding support group). My passion for this has recently been reignited while reading up on current research and a new breastfeeding textbook. Because of this, I have decided to take the IBCLC exam. This way I will be a board certified lactation consultant and be able to contribute financially to our family.
Now, this isn't going to happen over night. I still need a little more education (my English degree will only get me so far :)) and more clinical experience.
I know that this is the right choice for me. This is the third time in four years when I have seriously considered becoming an IBCLC and it is time to start taking steps toward it.
I feel an extreme amount of peace about this decision which is why I know it is a good direction. I have also prayed about it and have felt calm, peace and happiness. I feel God is giving me a blessing on this.
Does this change our farm dream? Not really, but we are thinking more of a small scale farm with a dozen or so chickens. My alpacas will have to wait a while, but the good thing about alpacas is that they are always available to purchase and breed!
Chris has some dreams too that we are working on to make a reality. I think we can accomplish both within 8-10 years. I am really excited! Keep us in your prayers-that we continue to do God's Will and that the Spirit works through us.
Now, this isn't going to happen over night. I still need a little more education (my English degree will only get me so far :)) and more clinical experience.
I know that this is the right choice for me. This is the third time in four years when I have seriously considered becoming an IBCLC and it is time to start taking steps toward it.
I feel an extreme amount of peace about this decision which is why I know it is a good direction. I have also prayed about it and have felt calm, peace and happiness. I feel God is giving me a blessing on this.
Does this change our farm dream? Not really, but we are thinking more of a small scale farm with a dozen or so chickens. My alpacas will have to wait a while, but the good thing about alpacas is that they are always available to purchase and breed!
Chris has some dreams too that we are working on to make a reality. I think we can accomplish both within 8-10 years. I am really excited! Keep us in your prayers-that we continue to do God's Will and that the Spirit works through us.

Comments