More on peaceful parenting
I was thinking about how my parenting journey began. Someone handed me a book that stated babies will manipulate you with their cries so don't pick them up. How ridiculous! Babies need to be held and breastfed on demand. These early stages are the foundations that are built in the parent/child relationship. Attachment begins at the breast and then following through with compassion. We had a wrap that we'd keep the children in so that they could hear our heartbeat and stay close to us. Comfort with compassion. We provide two people that will love them unconditionally. So when does that change? Should we ever put conditions on our love? I don't think so. Saying "you need to do this so you can get x" is a condition is it not? I read an inspiring book called "Unconditional Parenting" by Alfie Kohn that tackles this very issue. My only question is: how do we move toward this ideal parenting when we've established some conditions?
I think I have the answer. I have also been reading "Non-Violent Communication" by Marshall Rosenberg which promotes a peaceful way to resolve disputes and falls within the realm of unconditional love. It also honors both parties needs adequately.
The thought of peaceful and gentle parenting is so important to me. This subject needs further divulging. More later...
I think I have the answer. I have also been reading "Non-Violent Communication" by Marshall Rosenberg which promotes a peaceful way to resolve disputes and falls within the realm of unconditional love. It also honors both parties needs adequately.
The thought of peaceful and gentle parenting is so important to me. This subject needs further divulging. More later...

Comments