Vegetable Garden

I love the way Wallace says "veg-e-table" in "Wallace and Gromit Curse of the Were-Rabbit." It makes me smile even now to think of that movie.

We began a vegetable garden this year because I really longed to grow our own food. There is something about sowing our own seeds and reaping the harvest that makes me happy. We have a small raised garden that is 12 by 4 in the backyard. We are going to grow beans, zucchinis, squashes, cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, carrots, and watermelons. I am also growing potted herbs next to the kitchen window. Mmmm...fresh veggies, herbs, pasta and evoo. Our summer will be yummy and healthy. Anything we don't room to grow will mean a trip to the Holland Farmers Market. They have some of the best farm fresh veggies around.

Since I am a garden virgin, I hope I planned enough space and enough plants. I did read The Gardeners Primer and a couple of other references. I am thinking positive and expect a good mini-crop.

Comments

Kaira said…
Have you considered doing hanging tomatoes? There are many benefits and they are easy and won't take up ground space. I'm hoping to do a lot of them this year.
Jennifer said…
I want to try the strawberries. I have one tomato plant right now and it is right side up:)

Popular Posts