Welcome Baby Leo
We would like to proudly announce the arrival of baby Leo Joseph (after "Leo the Great" and St. Joseph). He was born on my grandparent's anniversary, making the day even more meaningful than it already was.
He has been the easiest one to breastfeed so far. A total natural! I was quite surprised because it took the others many attempts to get the latch right, but this little one just seems to know what to do. Praying to Our Mother of Le Leche has been very wonderful as well. What a beautiful place to bring my prayers for bountiful milk for the baby!
I am recovering very well. The doctor gave me medication for the pain (Vicodin), but I haven't had to use it (this is my fourth c-section). This was also pretty amazing to me. I know it has to do with the prayers from friends and family for a good recovery.
Transition with the children has been pretty smooth so far. No major breakdowns, but we really listen to their needs and try to communicate as best as we can about expectations. It also helped that I finished reading Greg and Lisa Popcak's book on raising a Catholic family just before the baby was born. (I have said it before but I would highly recommend it to everyone.)
They have been really excited about their new little brother. Olivia wants to hold him all the time. She is so sweet with her little brother. She calls him "Wee-O" because she can't pronounce her "L's" yet. Sometimes we ask her a couple of times what her brother's name is just to hear her say it in her little voice.
Chris has taken the reigns of keeping up the house. That has been a such a blessing for me. He has done so much that I have been able to snuggle Leo majority of the day. I have been loving that. I just drink in this Little Blessing.
Thank you for keeping us in your prayers!
We are so thankful for another beautiful child from God!
He has been the easiest one to breastfeed so far. A total natural! I was quite surprised because it took the others many attempts to get the latch right, but this little one just seems to know what to do. Praying to Our Mother of Le Leche has been very wonderful as well. What a beautiful place to bring my prayers for bountiful milk for the baby!
I am recovering very well. The doctor gave me medication for the pain (Vicodin), but I haven't had to use it (this is my fourth c-section). This was also pretty amazing to me. I know it has to do with the prayers from friends and family for a good recovery.
Transition with the children has been pretty smooth so far. No major breakdowns, but we really listen to their needs and try to communicate as best as we can about expectations. It also helped that I finished reading Greg and Lisa Popcak's book on raising a Catholic family just before the baby was born. (I have said it before but I would highly recommend it to everyone.)
They have been really excited about their new little brother. Olivia wants to hold him all the time. She is so sweet with her little brother. She calls him "Wee-O" because she can't pronounce her "L's" yet. Sometimes we ask her a couple of times what her brother's name is just to hear her say it in her little voice.
Chris has taken the reigns of keeping up the house. That has been a such a blessing for me. He has done so much that I have been able to snuggle Leo majority of the day. I have been loving that. I just drink in this Little Blessing.
Thank you for keeping us in your prayers!
We are so thankful for another beautiful child from God!

Comments