Prayer

I hesitate to post anything about prayer mostly because I want to keep humble in God's eyes. I also believe prayer is incredibly spiritual and sacred. I don't want to boast or sound like we are perfect Catholics. We aren't but we are actively answering our call to Holiness. We want to answer our call to Holiness in the fullness of the Catholic Church. One thing we have been doing is praying the rosary (almost) every night. Praying the rosary is actively praying and meditating the Gospel.

Fr Corapi, whom I've come to enjoy these past three weeks (www.fathercorapi.com), has a wonderful talk on why the rosary is imperative to our lives. He also responds to the common objection from non-Catholic Christians as to why we should pray the rosary. Check him out-he is a gift to us. Praying the rosary has grown my faith more than I could have imagined. My faith has also grown by putting good Catholic books in front of my eyes, like Fire Within, The Lambs Supper and of course the Bible. Also The Magnificat has been incredibly inspiring. It includes daily prayer and Holy Mass readings along with meditations and information on Saints. Websites like www.fathercorapi.com and www.couragouspriest.com are writings and video from inspirational Catholic priests.

Back to my prayer life. I briefly shared this on facebook, but I need to share it here. A few days ago I took the children to the park. Noah lost his St. Christopher medallion. It is an inexpensive medallion which I bought for him and his brother to remind them to pray with their Patron Saints. I found myself praying to St. Anthony to help me find St. Christopher mostly because I couldn't stand the thought of his image being on the ground somewhere in the park. I also thought of the car keys I lost months and months ago which I also prayed for St. Anthony intercessions. I gave up on actively looking for the keys. The cost was killer to replace them ($200). I was dreading the day when and if I lost the other set.

Anyway, we walked home without the medallion and I reached into my pocket to unlock the door, and lo my lost keys! Now, I should say that I checked these pockets at least three times thoroughly. I rejoiced, I thanked God, I thanked St. Anthony. I praised God again. I called my mom :) I believe in the power of prayer. Is this something small? Maybe to you dear reader, but this has only strengthened my faith in God and the power of prayer.

Two days later, I found the medallion in plain view at the bottom of the steps in the basement. :)

Comments

Popular Posts