Scattered thoughts...

Life here has been so crazy lately. Oddly enough, I still haven't really seen my friends very much. Since my friends have children that are friends with our children, everyone feels the pain. We have gone on vacation, renovated our bathroom, reorganized our kitchen, have VBS soon, and have plans for more vacation. I am having fun but I really do miss hanging out with my fellow crunchy and homeschool moms. There is something so supportive and wonderful about them. They lift me up which is a good sign of a great friendship. I also started to make new friendships, which have been a blessing!

I have been working very hard at keeping my home while still having fun with the kiddos. There are days though when I feel like all I've been doing is cleaning all day, washing loads of laundry, or sweeping dog hair AGAIN. I can lift up these burdens most of the time, but sometimes I just can't. The bad days are when I feel sorry for myself and the "lot" I've been handed. This happens about once a month. Ahh, the joys of female hormones!

The good days are when I feel honored to serve this beautiful family. I know my household better than anyone. When I am in my home, life moves smoothly which my husband will attest to. I am completely happy in my vocation as a wife and mother. I know this lacks humility, but in this day and age I think it is important to place value on homemaking. Maybe it helps that I have a degree and I know what I am missing (and happily missing). Homemaking is truly an art that has to be learned and practiced and refined. Does this mean folding my towels in a special way? Not for me, but if that is part of other homemakers happiness then I think that is wonderful. Food and meals might not be that important to other mothers, but I take what goes into my children's bodies very seriously (whole natural foods...as close to their natural state as possible, organic, homemade...no short cuts). We make things from scratch here. This year we added jam to our list of "homemades" and the boys think it is the best jam they've ever had. How wonderful is that?

Okay, I am starting to ramble but I am still planning on blogging about a couple of important things this summer including breastfeeding, natural health, natural/organic foods, vaccinations (or lack there of), faith, art, poetry, and homeschool (my favorite of course).

Comments

Popular Posts