Ladies and Gentlemen

I have had the pleasure of frequently visiting my cousin who recently moved a mere twenty minutes away. She has three little girls and one little boy. I have been taking mental notes on her and her husband's parenting techniques lately and trying to apply what would work for us.

During dinner, if the girls aren't behaving they say something like "Is that how a Lady behaves?" The girls usually modify their behavior to act more lady-like at the table. So, I thought I would apply this to my two little "gentlemen."

It was spaghetti night. Noah and Matthew were both acting crazy at the table. I said, "Gentlemen don't behave that way at the table." They didn't really listen, but yet I persisted (I explained the basic manners and so on). I then asked, "Could you please behave like gentlemen at the table?" Matthew preceded to take his spaghetti out of his bowl, place it on the table, then suck it off...all with a smile. I'll take that as a "No."

Comments

Popular Posts